Sunday 10 July 2011

Who Am I?

While preparing myself to write this post, I slipped into a well worn thought pattern in the form of --what will People think about my Blog?

What will they think about me?

For a considerable portion of my life the 'What will People think'? Trait has prevented me from reaching my true potential whatever that may be.

Does this sound familiar?
I'm sure for some it will be.

So doing a bit of Self analysis, I came to the conclusion that if I had spent even a small portion of that time reflecting on 'What do I think of myself ?' I would be considerably further down the road to Self Realisation.

I should take a step back here really and explain a little bit about myself.
I am an ordinary Man, a Baby Boomer, pursuing my Spirituality over at least the last twenty five years.

A few years back I lost everything, home, business, the lot.
My family and I were left with nothing but the clothes we stood up in and one or two personal possessions.
I was hospitalised needing an operation followed by a fairly lengthy recovery. To cut a long story short, we hit rock bottom and then continued to bounce.

The sum total of this was my rejection of the World and people in general. I had been too trusting in people was my wife's suggestion.

The Scribes say that when you are in desperation mode you give off vibrations to that effect, a bit like a wounded animal, I believe that to be correct. I lost my Faith, although I was not sure what that was.

What followed was a slow painful climb out of the abyss, taking whatever handhold hope offered, sometimes sliding back other times surging upwards, all the time formulating my faith as I stumbled.

I am not a religious person. I have spent a large portion of my life studying Spirituality and I am a Spiritual Healer,a  mostly a self educated man who has learned a lot of things the hard way. I would like to think I have benefited through the process. 

Kahlil Gilbran sums it up  for me ...'No man can reveal to you nothing but that which already lies half-asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.'

To those People who take the time to read this Blog...my gratitude.
I cannot promise you a literary masterpiece but it does come from the Heart.

Being a somewhat introverted person, this Blog will enable me to explore and express myself whilst
sharing with you my experiences and thoughts along my Path.

If something along the way resonates with you, I will be extremely happy, we will have shared a moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.