Friday 15 July 2011

Footprints in the Sand and our Hearts in Nature

Yesterday I went out walking with my wife and teenage son, a day of gentle relaxation in the summer sun.
A day to reconnect with nature after a very busy schedule in our lives.

Part of our walk took in a fairly secluded beach, miles of sand and pebbles stretching into the distance, nature at its best.

There is something about the sun on your back, gentle breeze on your face, and the unmistakable smell of the sea that rejuvenates the tiredest Soul.

I found myself musing how the earliest humans walking lonely seashores must have felt, before ever the theories on how we should live our lives and who or what we should worship came to be.

Were they more in tune with their spirituality then we are today?
Did their spirit yearn for knowledge of their origins and purpose, even in the earliest of times?

It always seems to me to be easier to connect with spirit, when I am at peace in nature, than in a concrete city, and I'm sure most people feel the same.

How did it come to be that other people came between us and the Divine...God, or whatever our beliefs may be?
So many theories. So many 'Masters'. So much chatter.

I guess my point is...do we really need anyone, or anything between us and what we sense deep inside ourselves?
Do all the old dogmas, prejudices, create a veil of uncertainty?

People come and go in our lives.
What remains is the residue of thoughts and emotions, patterns of reaction.

What I am observing from all of this is the fact that our interaction with each other is of supreme importance to humanity.
Our thoughts and emotions are creating the world we live in, colouring our daily lives.

We cannot turn our backs on people because of bad experiences, each has to look within and find their own answers to life's puzzles/trials and from there, learn to change.

For the moment, I have learnt it is easier to be in the 'Now' when in isolation, in nature.
But I have to carry that thought with me through my days, and keep searching.
Asking questions of myself that only I can answer.

It would be easier to follow the thoughts of others, their theories, their teachings.
But I have to find out things for myself, and come to a conclusion that is a fit for me.

The walk was very enjoyable, we left footprints in the sand and our hearts in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.