Tuesday 12 July 2011

It's O.K To Be Less Than Perfect

We all have good days, bad days, and everything in between.

To my mind most days are of the latter kind, less than perfect but tolerable.

Spirituality to me at the present is trying to shuffle along that seesaw and tip the balance to the good, to feel, in the Quickening, progress is being made, that bliss is over the next hill.

Stumbling to the brow of the hill, the eyes take in the path being followed, stretching into the hazy distance. Faith decides to leave for a while and sit down.

Life seems as if it is laughing.
The feeling is one of  failure perhaps, a sense of  imperfection in some way, tested and found wanting.

I have had a few of those days of late,dancing like Fred Astaire in the flow, when suddenly as I am sliding along in the groove, to my horror, my heel lands on a banana skin.

Today while processing my photographs from a previous shoot, I caught myself being critical of nature.

Some of the Water Lilies I had taken photographs of were less than perfect in my mind, withered petals,
monstrous insects, just where they shouldn't be, too many Lily pads, or in the wrong place.

While in this little negative bubble, an 'Aha' moment occurred.

Nature was not always perfect, many things were in a state of imperfection...but it was no less beautiful or interesting.

There was always going to be some aspect of nature striving for the light, trying to fulfill its purpose.

When we come to the truth of our purpose, we are drawn to the fulfillment of it.
It is the striving to be that is important and we are never going to be perfect in our pursuit of that unfolding.

As it happened, I forgot for a while about my perfect photograph and was lost in the study of the nature of things, even the alien like insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.