Wednesday 20 July 2011

My Journey Back

When I first opened my Twitter and Blog accounts, it was not my intention to have any participation in the Spiritual community, highlighted by my choice of name for my Twitter account.

If you have read my previous posts, you will remember I mentioned my lack of enthusiasm for people and the world in general.

For twenty five years I have studied, practiced, and taught energy healing in its different forms and I do have a firm belief it works.

But then over a short period of time, my whole world fell apart.
I now understand that I gave too much to others and forgot about myself.
There was no one to lean on apart from my wife and son when we as a family experienced hard times.

The irony was, I could not heal myself.
All the negativity sucked me down like quicksand with no mercy.

I had taught meditation, how to reach a no 'mind no emotion' state, but could no longer reach it myself.

My thoughts were for the most part negative.
Fear crept in and my thoughts of poverty became self fulfilling.
Fear nearly destroyed me.

I am now thankfully on the way back.
My family and myself experience days of peace and joy that we could not have imagined a year or two back.

I am sharing this with you not to gain sympathy, but to highlight the fact that we all lose our way at times in life, and our faith can take a heavy knock.

Part of my reason for mentioning this is the fact that in spite of my reluctance to re-join the world, in the last little while I have felt an energy, a force, a compulsion, call it what you will, to 'journey on' toward the light.

Like a butterfly emerging from the chrysalis, I am being compelled to shed my layers of protection to do what I fear most.. and that is..

To be me.

I know now that thoughts are things.
Thoughts have a vibratory energy.
Thoughts decide who we are now, and thoughts decide who we will become.

When fear creeps into our minds uninvited, when we lose faith in ourselves, faith in our creator, the world seems a bleak place.

But every cloud has a silver lining, the journey back can be very inspiring.
Things that were taken for granted are appreciated anew, hope promises a new future and faith makes it so.

I now write from that 'no mind no emotion' state.
I have the courage to know that what I write is not contrived, but from a place deep inside.
The only commitment needed on my part, is to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.